Driver Hire Nationwide
Driver Hire – an award-winning B2B management franchise
A Driver Hire franchise provides you with a unique opportunity to run your own recruitment business within our established and highly successful franchise network.
With a 25-year record of success, Driver Hire is the UK and Ireland’s leading supplier of drivers and logistics staff. Every day our 100-strong branch network provides thousands of workers, mainly on temporary assignments, to a wide variety of customers in the private and public sectors.
Our success is based upon a proven franchise formula which combines strong brand recognition, a rigorous business system and comprehensive ongoing support with the ambition, dedication and self-motivation of local franchise owners.
We are full members of the British Franchise Association (BFA) and in six of the last seven years have been finalists in the BFA’s prestigious ‘Franchisor of the Year’ competition, winning the award outright in 2006. This followed on from our success in winning the ‘Franchisee of the Year’ competition in 2004 and more recently, our Oxford franchisee, Lorraine Thompson was crowned the BFA ‘Franchisee of the Year’ 2011 for the South West and Wales region.
Our offer to you …
Our comprehensive support package will equip you with all the tools that you’ll need to succeed, including:
- Pre-launch advice: Covering all of the financial and legal aspects of your purchase, business planning, finding and fitting-out premises and recruiting staff
- Training: Our 2-week Foundation Training course equips you with the basic skills and knowledge to set up and run your franchise. This is supplemented by on-site support provided by our Franchise Support Manager and further ongoing training
- Brand management: Our market-leading brand is supported by a wealth of centrally produced marketing and promotional material, regular sales and marketing initiatives and an in-house creative design team to help with your own local campaigns
- Technology and Innovation: Our own industry-leading software enables you to manage your day-to-day activities with maximum efficiency
- National Sales: Our experienced National Sales team negotiates agreements with key national customers and delivers business directly to you
- Dedicated Support: An experienced team including your own Area Development Manager and over 40 Head Office staff covering all key business areas
Rewards and investment …
An established Driver Hire franchise would be expected to achieve annual sales of at least £750,000 with the potential for much more. At this level, net profits should be in the region of 13 to 15%. However, individual profitability will depend upon your own effort and hard work, correct application of our system, commercial skills, judgement and market conditions.
The basic licence fee is £30,000; a total start-up budget of £40,000 will be required plus working capital. Re-sale prices depend upon the individual business, its trading history, profitability, current trends and potential for future development. Historically prices have ranged from £40,000 up to £500,000 and above.
Funding of up to 70% is available, subject to status from the major banks. Driver Hire’s own Deferred Purchase Scheme offers you the opportunity to purchase a new start with a deposit and an unsecured loan repayable over two years.
Our market …
Driver Hire is part of the £20bn UK private recruitment and staffing industry. The market for temporary drivers alone is estimated to be worth around £2bn, boosted by ever-increasing customer demands for a flexible workforce solution and the massive growth in on-line retailing which requires more delivery drivers.
Driver Hire’s commitment to quality and service is widely acknowledged within the transport industry and is reinforced by our rigorous business systems. Our drivers are also recognized as best in class, sweeping the board in the Recruitment and Employment Confederation’s ‘Agency Driver of the Year’ awards. In 2008 one of our drivers went on to win the REC’s coveted ‘One in a Million’ Temporary Worker of the Year Award.
People like you …
Driver Hire franchisees come from a wide range of backgrounds. No previous knowledge or experience in the transport or recruitment sectors is required – our training will take care of that. Far more important are good ‘people’ skills, all-round commercial acumen and the self- motivation and desire to build a successful and profitable operation generating net earnings of £100,000 plus.
If you like the idea of going into business for yourself, but not by yourself, then talk to Driver Hire.
Territories available …
Franchise territories are available in key locations across the UK, including start-up franchises and franchise re-sales.
The next step …
If you want to build a rewarding and profitable franchise in this key B2B sector, and feel that you have the necessary drive, motivation and discipline to work within the Driver Hire franchise network, then we’d like to hear from you.
|Franchise name||Driver Hire Nationwide|
|Business description||Recruitment of drivers and logistics staff|
|Total investment cost||£40,000 plus working capital|