WPA health insurance
We’re looking for the right people to promote our health insurance policies and support our long-term relationships with customers. You will receive full training and enjoy comprehensive business support. No need for premises, stock or staff. No high start-up costs. This is a rewarding opportunity working with a award winning customer-focused company.
WPA is one of the largest medical insurance companies in the UK looking after around 300,000 customers. We operate in the private client, small corporate and large corporate market places and have won a well deserved reputation for excellence of customer service.
You will work with us to promote our ethos of providing exemplary levels of customer care, and will actively promote yourself as the “local face of WPA”.
Our Head Office is based in Taunton, Somerset and we employ around 200 staff. Our franchise team is nationwide and we currently have around 100 successful franchisees in operation throughout the country.
The franchise package
• You will be licensed to provide advice on a wide range of WPA medical insurance solutions
• You’ll have the opportunity to build a Franchise attracting new and renewal fees
• You’ll have live connectivity to WPA IT systems via your issued laptop
• You’ll have access to our web area allowing your customers to buy online via your franchise
• You’ll attend a one week residential training course covering all areas including business development
• There’s a two year mentor programme to help you achieve your goals
• There’s a dedicated franchise support team along with regular regional meetings
• You’ll have the opportunity to build a capital asset
• Unlike many other franchise businesses we do not seek to make a profit from the sale of our franchises. Therefore the price of a WPA franchise equates to the cost of the training and support we will give you.
There are no ongoing fees. There is a continuous programme of product and service training to help develop different skills as you come to need them.
Before you can become a franchisee you must successfully complete our five day residential training course, held at WPA’s Head Office. The cost of this course is included in the one-off payment of £9,200.
The £2,500 Fidelity Bond is submitted to WPA on joining the National Franchise Team to satisfy our “Treating Customers Fairly” policy in line with Financial Services Authority (FSA) guidance. This Bond is returnable to you on leaving WPA or selling your franchise, plus any interest accrued.
The WPA Franchise represents a chance to run your own business without being alone. You will be supported by the WPA team with training on advertising, marketing, professional activity and business planning. Regular training events are held at Head Office and you will have the day-to-day support of head office, a dedicated mentor in your local area and your regional office.
Are you for us?
Our selection of franchisees is based on an assessment of overall business experience and personal qualifications. We look for individuals with “common business sense”, a proven ability to effectively develop themselves and a history of previous success in business and personal endeavours.
Key characteristics for success are:
• High personal integrity.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to succeed.
• The ability to manage finances – both personal and business.
• A determination to personally devote full-time and best efforts in the day-to-day running of your franchise.
• A willingness to complete a comprehensive training programme and become proficient in all aspects of running a WPA franchise.
The best way to learn about our opportunity and have your questions answered, is to attend one of our Discovery Open Days which are held on a regular basis. Please contact us for upcoming dates. We like to be completely transparent and show you all aspects of our business; give you a tour of our organisation and allow you the chance to meet the support team and ideally some WPA Franchisees.
“We thought that the open day helped us to see for ourselves the quality organisation that WPA is. We were able to speak to any member of staff that we wished to and we left thinking – this is the sort of organisation we could work with – they share our values and work ethos.” – Jacqui Shaw – joined WPA May 2011.
“My wife and I both found the Open Day extremely helpful in making our decision to work with WPA. The information we received was presented in a friendly and factual manner and it was apparent from the members of staff we spoke with, how much they enjoyed working for WPA.” – Bill McBurney – joined WPA May 2011.
Once you are ready to submit your application, the following process will be followed:
• You are put in touch with your mentor and spend several days on the road to look at the practical side of running the franchise
• A final meeting with the Director of the National Franchise Team with be held at a location near to you to confirm the final details of your franchise
• You attend the initial training course
Northern England, Outer Birmingham, East Anglia, Dorset, Northern Ireland & Scotland. Also existing franchises for sale.
“If you want a career that gives you something to believe in then WPA is for you.” – Berkeley Harris – Director of the National Franchise Team.
|Franchise name||WPA health insurance|
|Business description||Health insurance solutions|
|Total investment cost||£9,200|